Greetings Leadership Team,
Below you will find:
- A brief audio explaining a new departmental “small groups” approach that will support and strengthen your development as a leader.
- A breakout of the small groups – revealing which group you are in.
- The first two exercises you and your small group of colleagues will do together in June and July.
As you listen to the first audio, all this will make sense, so…
START HERE: Listen to the audio below about the new “small groups” approach from Chris Fleenor and Dave Fleming.
Now that you’ve listened to the audio (above), everything below should make sense.
The Leader Groups:
NOTE: We’re asking the person at the top of each list (your name is bolded) to coordinate the first and second meetings.
- Rafael Martinez-Chavez – T&D Supervisor II of Substation Engineering
- Michael Strawn – T&D Supervisor II for Protection & Automation
- Lee Bryne – T&D Supervisor I for RMT
- Joshua Pope – T&D Supervisor II for GIS
- Nicole Santa Cruz – T&D Supervisor II for Design
- Dana Jimenez – T&D Supervisor I of ETS
- Chelsea Slunaker – T&D Supervisor I for Design
- Brian Pugh – T&D Supervisor I for Land
- Jennifer Necas – T&D Supervisor II for Design
- CTE Supervisor – TBD
- Renee Marruffo – T&D Supervisor I for Land
- Dinko Dujmic – T&D Supervisor I for Communication & Metering
- Todd Stocksdale – T&D Supervisor II for Design
- Eduardo Leon – T&D Supervisor I for RMT
- Mike Baruch – T&D Supervisor I for EPM
- Ashley Fitzharris – T&D Supervisor II for OpEx
- Brad Bowen – Lead – Land Surveyor
- Joshua Dowidat – T&D Supervisor I for Land
- Shawna Hilman – Lead – CIP Engineering Analyst
June and July Small Group Exercises
The June Exercise and Discussion
Prior to your first small group in June:
- Use the Opportunity Zone worksheet (PDF below) to identify an “area of opportunity” where you want to develop as a leader.
- Fill out the worksheet
- Use the worksheet to keep you intentional in your development.
- Be ready to share your opportunity zone – and the work you’re doing in that zone – with your team.
Here are some prompts that can guide your June conversation with your team:
- Share your opportunity zone (OZ) with your group and why you chose it
- What mindsets and behaviors need to shift in order for you to develop the OZ?
- What kind of support could your group give you to help you develop the OZ?
- How do you see the development of this OZ increasing your development as a leader (be specific)?
The July Exercise and Discussion
- Prior to your group meeting in July:
- Read the Behavioral Foresight article
- Do the exercise that is attached to the article.
NOTE: After reading the article, the exercise will make sense.
NOTE: Make sure you complete the exercise PRIOR to your small group meeting.
A bit more explanation: This exercise asks you to think about how you want to behave in an upcoming high stakes moment. You will want to fill out the worksheet AND be on the other side of that moment before your group meeting. That way you can discuss with your group both how you filled out the worksheet and how the actual moment unfolded.
Here are some prompts that can guide your conversation with your team:
- As a group, have each individual share what they wrote on the Behavioral Foresight worksheet for their chosen high-stakes moment.
- Then, share how the “actual” moment went and what difference imagining first made.